Enttec ODE

g15

I was wondering if anyone had used the Enttec ODE. I used to have the DMX usb pro but I have managed to misplace it :( Anyway, I was wondering if there is some sort of emulator software that would let me trick software on my computer into thinking that a USB PRO was actually connected. OR, does most software support IP based dmx devices?

Or would I be better off just buying a new DMX PRO??

Thanks!
-Danny

The ODE operates over ArtNet, which is supported by all but the most rudimentary software applications. If you tell us what software you use, we can confirm compatibility. That said, the DMX USB Pro is cheaper by about $100 so I don't see why you would spend more unless you want the ArtNet capabilities for some reason. I use a couple ODEs to get data to positions for which we had no DMX lines but we did have installed Ethernet runs. If you do use one in this capacity though, insure it is a dedicate network, not one shared with other applications.

The ODE operates over ArtNet, which is supported by all but the most rudimentary software applications. If you tell us what software you use, we can confirm compatibility. That said, the DMX USB Pro is cheaper by about $100 so I don't see why you would spend more unless you want the ArtNet capabilities for some reason. I use a couple ODEs to get data to positions for which we had no DMX lines but we did have installed Ethernet runs. If you do use one in this capacity though, insure it is a dedicate network, not one shared with other applications.

I am looking a Buying one of these as well to us with GrandMA PC, will this work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back