ENTTEC Open USB-DMX Software?

LSC has a new program out called Clarity that currently only works on a PC but is in beta for Mac. After the 30 day unlimited trial it then only lets you run 128 channels over 32 fixtures. I have the usb to dmx pro and also an enttec ODE which allows me to run on artnet. Clarity can use both at the same time, not sure if it can use the open usb to dmx. I was able to use the free fixture editor that they include with the download and create a setup so my catwalk and electrics are individual fixtures as opposed to each dimmer being a fixture. This helps me to use the 128 channel count which is plenty for my dimmers. The program is very flexible and just took a couple of hours sitting down and reading the manual and forum as well as watching the online videos to pick up the basics.

Clarity

I agree that MagicQ is a full blown moving lights console in the category of the Hog III, Jands Vista and the GrandMA (without inciting a flame fest on which is the best console). If you are looking for a quick PC focus capability, it will certainly do that, but is not optimized for it. Freestyler is a solid choice for this. I am not familiar with abuelites, but am definitely curious.

Tim.

If you’re really serious about getting into theatre or concert lighting you’re going to want to learn Chamsys. It's the cheapest way to have a pro working console at your finger tips. I have used it for several shows using the Enttec Pro and I have never had a problem. You can do things rather quickly once you learn it and the amount of palettes you can make is well beyond. You’re going to want to learn it for the sake of getting the experience as it will give you HOG and Grand MA experience at the same time. Chamsys is great as they will support you 100% even if you haven’t bought anything from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back