EOS v3.0 has been released

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
Yep, Beta is done. We now have a full release version of EOS 3.0! If you haven't been playing with Augment3d, it's now fully baked so go play with it today!
This video has a good overview of all the new things in 3.0 so start there. After that I recomend the ETC Study Hall series on using Augment3d... it's very detailed and has everything you need to know.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have been playing with it in Beta and i is good. It was the larges beta ever done so lots of eyes were looking over it. I managed to find one issue early on and it was resolved quickly.
While ETC are not calling Augmented a visualizer, I think it is as close as it gets and because it comes with the software it works. I really like it. I already have built 2 of the spaces I work in.

Regards

Geoff

I was also in the Beta, and built one of my spaces a few times over (refined as I went). My other main venue is under reno right now so I don't want to get plugging it in until I know for sure what it's going to look like :p

Augment3d is great IMO, the only real thing I wish they'd add is functionality for mirrors like I-Cues. I use a lot more I-Cues than I do moving lights and it would be great to be able to incorporate them, and I can see a lot of use in focusing/refocusing them (physically) with Augment3d. If you are working in focus points already its a great way to go about the hang/focus of the I-cue.
Ran into a few bugs myself, however wasn't the first to find any of them.

It will be great when more fixtures are properly implemented into augment3d as there are still plenty not fully implemented.

SO HAPPY to finally see a release not only of Augmen3d but the other updates included in the 3.0 upgrade. I am also very happy they included that both 3.0 and 2.9 can exist on the same machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back