Episode 68: Let's Talk Training

Time to talk about training! In this episode of The Event Safety Podcast, Danielle and Steve welcome back the extremely knowledgeable and always entertaining Phil Van Hest, Rigging and Safety Manager at Bigger Hammer Production Services. Topics of discussion include identifying who and what needs to be taught, training program development, hazard reporting, managing new crew members, the power of “openness”, and loads more.

Notes:

Event Safety Access Training

Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)

Bigger Hammer Online Training Courses

Continue reading...

Time to talk about training! In this episode of The Event Safety Podcast, Danielle and Steve welcome back the extremely knowledgeable and always entertaining Phil Van Hest, Rigging and Safety Manager at Bigger Hammer Production Services. Topics of discussion include identifying who and what needs to be taught, training program development, hazard reporting, managing new crew members, the power of “openness”, and loads more.

Notes:

Event Safety Access Training

Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)

Bigger Hammer Online Training Courses

Continue reading...
So, full disclosure: I know Phil. I've taken his online ground rigging class, I've worked with his crews. All solid. If you're looking to up your game, go check out what he's got to offer via Bigger Hammer and definitely check out this episode. If you're feeling like "Wow, there's a lot of new people coming through my doors and they aren't too experienced." this is addressed here- you're not alone in feeling that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back