Episode 72: Let's Dance!

In this episode of The Event Safety Podcast, we put on our red shoes and hit the floor to discuss dance recitals and other events involving large numbers of children and families. Featuring the fantastic trio of Josh Webb (Coker University), Pamela Sturrock (Riverside Convention Center), and Devin Vanaman (Riverside Convention Center), discussion includes the unique risks presented by these events, protocols for production crews, the concept of the attractive nuisance, dealing with prop dads, and the correct way to pronounce "Worcester."

Continue reading...

This one struck close to home. Halfway through recital season and living the dream, albeit on a much smaller scale than many of the panel members. Thanks for the new insights.

In this episode of The Event Safety Podcast, we put on our red shoes and hit the floor to discuss dance recitals and other events involving large numbers of children and families. Featuring the fantastic trio of Josh Webb (Coker University), Pamela Sturrock (Riverside Convention Center), and Devin Vanaman (Riverside Convention Center), discussion includes the unique risks presented by these events, protocols for production crews, the concept of the attractive nuisance, dealing with prop dads, and the correct way to pronounce "Worcester."

Continue reading...
1. I appreciate the multiple Bowie references in this post.
2. Living the dream as a parent, and having cut my teeth in large "youth theater" pay-to-play productions, I can't wait to hear this one and see what we were missing (albeit 30 years ago).

This one struck close to home. Halfway through recital season and living the dream, albeit on a much smaller scale than many of the panel members. Thanks for the new insights.
Dream, Nightmare..... it's a fine line

Yep. I know exactly what you mean. Even though I'm a much smaller operation, there were a LOT of things in this podcast that really got me thinking about how we do things and what we should change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back