EPIX Drive 900 HELP

I have an EPIX Drive that I have been trying to set up for the past few hours now and I’m about to pull all of my hair out with this thing....

Every time I go to set the IP address for the universes they keep reverting back to a 2 as the first value. Can anyone help?!

Thanks for the article. I however cannot go through an entire network overhaul to refit everything into a 2.x scheme.

Even the user manual for the EPIX Drive says the primary value can be 1-126 in ArtNet mode. So not sure why it wouldn’t let you set 10 s the value when their manual specifically states it can be within such a wide range.

Attachments

• 23BB40DB-8201-4CF7-9AC1-B13C8338DA69.png
    23BB40DB-8201-4CF7-9AC1-B13C8338DA69.png
    213.2 KB · Views: 113
Worth resaying that if you are using 2.x.x.x classic artnet addresses, be doubly sure your network has no route to the internet - to the best of my knowledge, some of 2.x.x.x was assigned as public (routable) addresses to a region of France, and you might find problems.

Of course, nobody would ever use the general purpose network for lighting traffic, so not a problem.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge than I can chime in. I've always experienced 2.x.x.x as ArtNet

The artistic licence guide specifically warns about routing onto the internet. 2.x.x.x is a publicly routeable address (when artnet was first designed the range was reserved which is not the same as private), and an internet connected router will try to route it. 10.x.x.x isn't, and the router won't pass it to the internet (same as it won't pass 192.168.x.x or the slightly more awkward 172.16.(0-31)y.x series). If you have a completely separate network with no internet connectivity you can use 2.x.x.x without a problem. With an internet router, you'd need to add filtering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back