Equiptment Layout Software

loki

I am looking for a piece of software that can be used to map out equiptment and how it is connected, till now i have been using paint and it takes forever, i have attached a sample of what i am after.

Thanks in advance,
Loki

Last edited:
Any CAD program will do you just fine, AutoCAD and VectorWorks are the industry standards.

If you were a Mac user, you could use OmniGraffle, which is a flow chart making program. I would imagine there are similar programs for windows as well.

And BTW, welcome to the Booth, stop by the new member forum and tell us about yourself!

Looks cool, im getting a copy now, thanks so much.

Raktor, this will let me do those diagrams for the noobs doing visual, they finaly have no reason to stuff it up.

Thanks again,
Loki

i really should investigate it also, i like the fact you can drag premade objects (like desks) into the plot and it already knows what connections it has

oh it starts at 700us

right, maybe not....

Last edited:
There is "Demo" versions, that have all the capabilities but do not allow you to save/print after 30 days, i am now using that

yeah true, good luck with that

upload a screenshot of the finished product, i would be intrested in seeing it

what are you drawing with it?

i will upload a screen shot shortly, i am going to use it to draw a detailed plan for a visual set up, i used to set up a heap of equiptment and now i have passed the job on to others who keep doing it wrong, so im drawing up some detailed plans for them.

I think so, its more a case of "What do i plug in where and with what"

proxy.php

HAHAHAHA
That just made my day.
It's going on the door to the sound closet and in the booth...

My MS Paint skills please I see.

Yeah, I guessed that. I made two more versions with other connectors, and put all 3 up at various places where people may or may not find them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back