etc ColorSource AV Fixture Requests

DonAllen

I have submitted several requests for fixture profiles on the ColorSource AV forum, one was 7 months ago for an EK eprofileph 2 ch mode. I have recently submitted two more requests. Does etc create fixture profiles ? I can get fixture profiles created for Zero88 FLXS desks within hours of requesting them as I am 8 hours ahead of the UK.

Yes my EK eprofilehp 2ch mode request has a question mark, 134 views, 0 replies, Started 7 months ago. That was when I was getting ready to run a lighting workshop for a school that was supplied with a ColorSource 20 AV for their Performing Arts Centre. The installers patched the EK profiles as a single channel dimmer and got a few other fixture profiles wrong as they did not put the effort into learning the desk. My second fixture profile request was put in when I was getting ready to run a second lighting workshop for another school that had been supplied with a ColorSource 20 AV. I have learnt how to use the desk and it will work for them as they do not have any conventional dimmers, only LED fixtures. The new Performing Arts Centres are now getting Zero88 FLXS48 desks which are more suited for students as they are a fixture per fader concept desk and can easily accommodate up to 48 dimmers.

@DonAllen - I'm sorry no one has reached back out to you about your ColorSource profile for the eProfileHP. I've looked into this and found a few things that might explain what happened.
I see your request in the ETC forums. However the link you provided to the fixture no longer works. That may be the cause of some of the confusion. When ETC went to go look into it they were not able to find the DMX chart from the manufacture (ShowPro). Without that we have no clue what the DMX parameters are supposed to do or the ranges.
1647494941767.png

That being said doing a google search it looks like Showtech changed their URL link and I was able to find the 2 channel DMX mode. It's a fairly simple Dimmer/LED Frequency. See pic below.
Did you find a specific need to use the LED frequency setting in your productions?
1647494782029.png

While it is always helpful to have the actual profile in a fixture library and named correctly, are you aware of the GENERIC folder in ColorSource consoles. Generic profile are often used for simpler common LED profile types. RGB, BRG, GRB, Warm/Cool and ICT (Intensity/ColorTemp).
For something like your 2 profile mode if you could have used something like ICT. The CT(DMX 2) would have just controlled your LED frequency. See below example.
1647495355057.png

1647495334512.png

So maybe Generic isn't what you want. You want to take it one step further because you are a really good programmer.
Are you aware that there is a ColorSource Personality (Profile) Editor. It's very, very easy to use, especially for this type of static fixture (See PDF). You could create the eProfileHP 2 channel and name and edit it anyway you want so that it makes sense for you.

I even mocked it up. Took about 3 minutes.. Now the only thing is you will have to load this onto the console using a USB drive and it only saves to your local show file, not the fixture library.
1647495894159.png

With your file saved for console you can load it into the console. Direction here, very simple.
1647496247936.png

1647496323877.png

Attachments

• 1647494807700.png
    1647494807700.png
    16 KB · Views: 100
  • ColorSourcePersonalityEditor_QuickGuide_v1.1.1_RevA.pdf
    704.2 KB · Views: 250
  • DonAlleneProfileHP.jlib
    2.5 KB · Views: 91
Hello Chris

Thank you for the excellent graphics with your reply, I will pass it on to the schools waiting for the full 3 mode fixture file. I have already used the ColorSource Personality (Profile) Editor to create a 2 channel profile that I have sent to the schools, but as I am not a proficient user of the editor, I was hoping ETC would make a fixture file for all 3 modes and put it into the library as other users may find it helpful.

I put in a second request for the EK Profile HP fixture profile on Wednesday 2 March 2022, attaching a PDF for the fixture DMX attributes and asking for all 3 modes to be made so it could be added to the library in case someone else wants it, as there are 3 secondary colleges in Perth that have ColorSouce 20 AV desks and EK Profile HP fixtures.

Best regards

Don

Users who are viewing this thread

Back