ETC component ID

@Ben Stiegler Posting from north of lil' Donnie's walls: The linky she worky mighty fine for me; every now and again we win one.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
Odd - here's what we USers see - at least in Oakland:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access denied</Message>
</Error>

Here is the link to the ETC Analog Address System:

The attached .png image is directly from that page. This is identical to the OP picture -- it has the faders and the Take Control buttons.

The typical application is to use this panel to control House Lights, although it can be programmed to control any dimmer circuit.

Attachments

• Five channel slider station with panic switch.png
    Five channel slider station with panic switch.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 150
This looks more like an ETCLink system
Link was first used to get feedback from the dimmer rack to an ETC console. It was a poorman's UNISON

While the type of button used is the same, actual ETCLink stations were quite rare and only included preset buttons--no faders. As I and others here have shared already, the station pictured is almost certainly* either AAS or DAS with AAS being the most likely answer.

Also, regardless of all our quibbling over the exact identification, the actual answer that Robert needed (and got) is that the station by itself is not enough to determine what else is in the system.

*If we want to be really crazy with our guesses, it is actually possible that this station is connected to a Unison system (either Legacy or Paradigm) through a fader interface board. Someone could have also taken an AAS station and adapted it to output analog control directly to a dimmer rack with 0-10V inputs. There are all sorts of fun variations and surprises that could be hiding in the system, but it's more likely to be the obvious answer.

Again, all this speculation and supposition could be put to rest immediately with a quick call to ETC.

Oh, how I miss David North. He would have fully answered the question by now, along with the unabridged history of ETC architectural lighting controls.

I took a look at ETC's website right after the initial post and quickly determined there would be no definitive answer from the picture provided.

Again, all this speculation and supposition could be put to rest immediately with a quick call to ETC.

Oh, how I miss David North. He would have fully answered the question by now, along with the unabridged history of ETC architectural lighting controls.

This is 100% correct. ETC has/had riser diagrams of the install any time I have called. And somewhere on this board is a thread where David North took me by the hand and helped me through an issue with my Digital Address System. He was a saint among men.

And not to miss out on the supposition thread-
1616435810347.png

Made my site visit and look what they had that ETC panel running. No other controllers, just the one. Go figure

Attachments

• Colortran Panel.jpg
    Colortran Panel.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 131
Let us not forget that back in the day, many systems had/have custom components. New products are often created that way!

My "no can help" search was based on several models of ETC wall stations looking the same. "Yeah, it's an ETC wall station" was about as definitive as I could get without model/serial numbers or pictures of the innards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back