ETC Console Order Issues

Hi folx. David Lincecum from ETC. Always hate to insert myself but I wanted to give a view from inside ETC.
The chip shortage has been pretty hellish. In many many cases we have had to redesign circuit boards multiple times and also design them to accept multiple alternative chips. This has also required many reworks to software and firmware. It’s been a whole lot of busy-work to get production going again in all areas of our product lines. It’s still happening weekly!

That said, we hope to ship 200 Ion this month! We shipped over 300 Elements in the past 60 days. It’s hard to explain the mass of interconnected work that had to be completed to break the log jam. People have been working nights and weekends to restore order. On behalf of all ETC employee/owners I apologize for the difficulties it’s caused in the lighting world. We would much rather have avoided all this! Attached photos of Ion production on Friday.

I’m happy to discuss the state of the chip shortage and how we are overcoming it.
My email is firstname dot lastname at etcconnect.com

David
That a whole lot more consoles than there were when I visited the factory in August! Definitely a good thing.

Attachments

• 496D0EF6-47A3-485A-B483-3BFE65572CBD.JPG
    496D0EF6-47A3-485A-B483-3BFE65572CBD.JPG
    714.8 KB · Views: 117
Received our Ion Xe 20 yesterday, just 50 weeks after our order. Perfect timing, as we’re starting our table read today. Had a little scare when the Enter button stuck, but I was able to remove the keycap and unstick it. Thanks to Gary Duerkop for always having a friendly reply to my requests for status updates and giving me the best info he could during the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back