Control/Dimming ETC controller software for Mac

TRRHINO

I was wondering if anyone knows of any ETC Insight 2 remote controller software for Mac?

I am wanting one so that i don't have to run back and forth to the FOH to change a light while i am focusing.

If there isn't such a thing i will just have to go and purchase a wireless remote. But i would rather not...

I was wondering if anyone knows of any ETC Insight 2 remote controller software for Mac?...
Not only is there no software for the Mac, there's no remote control software period. WiFi had not even been dreamed of when the Insight was developed.

If all you want to do is bring up channels for focus and other rudimentary tasks, consider Focus Phone™.

Another point. Why are you focusing by yourself? Putting a freshman or other "newbie" on the board during focus sessions is excellent indoctrination and training, if handled properly (must have patience!). Thinking you must do everything by yourself is neither beneficial for yourself nor your facility. In almost every instance, a professional LD will touch neither the fixtures nor the console.

that old of console i dont think you can use an offline editor for, you need an rfu.

speaking of mac control for insights...is there a copy of the express and insight ole for mac? the only mac ole on etc i could find was for the ion/eos or congo

Not only is there no software for the Mac, there's no remote control software period. WiFi had not even been dreamed of when the Insight was developed.

If all you want to do is bring up channels for focus and other rudimentary tasks, consider Focus Phone™.

Another point. Why are you focusing by yourself? Putting a freshman or other "newbie" on the board during focus sessions is excellent indoctrination and training, if handled properly (must have patience!). Thinking you must do everything by yourself is neither beneficial for yourself nor your facility. In almost every instance, a professional LD will touch neither the fixtures nor the console.

LOL... yeah i know i should have someone helping me, just sometimes I am the only one on. By the end of the day i am bagged from running back and forth all day... LOL,

Thanks for your comment.

...speaking of mac control for insights...is there a copy of the express and insight ole for mac? ...
Expression Offline v3.1 is only available for Windows machines. Some have had success running it under windows via Parallels, but since one must have a floppy drive to import/export, hardly seems worth the trouble. Pick up an old laptop specifically for the purpose.

Having had to do this a number of times my advice is to just move the console on to stage, much more effcient then running back and forth and is most case could probably be left there for a couple of days while you focus your lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back