ETC CSPAR for cyc lighting

LPdan

I'm planning to use 10 CSPAR fixtures to light a cyc, roughly 40' wide by 13' tall. Wondering if anyone can comment on how smooth a blend can be achieved. Should I look at the round diffuser lens? I have tried diffusion gel in the past and find with it being close to the LEDs it doesn't do much. Any tips would be appreciated!

Partly depends on where you will be putting fixtures. I use CS Pars with medium or wide oval lenses (from ETC) and have good results lighting from Bottom to fill in my spectra cycs. Ie I have the spectra cyc units on the floor, and put the CS units between them to light the top of the cyc.

I have not tried Rosco’s new diffusion meant for LED fixtures as yet.

I had decent luck with R-113 -- HOWEVER -- it was OLD 113. Ordered new stuff and it isn't even close. That said - it wasn't horrible. I used ETC's diffusers (the medium ones for the D40's) and they work very well, but you lose some punch. That said - 10 of them on a 40x13...? I think you'd be fine. On the cheap, try wax paper (really). Add 113 (you'll have to experiment with vertical or horizontal depending on distance) if you need more spread and I'd bet you'd be stylin'.

For a dance recital last year, the Lighting Designer used 8x CS Par Deep Blue with 2 layers of Rosco Opti-Sculpt 1 layer a 10 by 60, 1 layer a 40 degree.
The cyc was about 40' by 20' and that did a pretty decent full coverage.
We did also have a ground row of lights to allow top/bottom colors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back