ETC D-40 on location

Jlarmen

Hello,

I've been asked to help recreate a show on location (a community hall) and am thinking I could take some D-40's on some trees to light up the stage. I have a ETC dongle, but short of taking our console, can anyone suggest a way to trigger effects or cues? Can I use the ETC Family software with the dongle as a mobile console?
Also, I have a Chauvet Xpress 512 USB DMX controller, possible to use with the D-40s?

Thanks for any input or ideas.

Joseph

Do you mean the ETCNomad key? If so use your laptop running Nomad software. You will need a gateway if using sACN or a Gadget II USB-to-DMX/RDM converter if you are using wired DMX.

Unfortunately the ETC software probably won't work with the Chauvet device. Since you have them both I'd try it anyway!

However DMX is a universal standard, so anything putting out DMX should control anything that takes DMX. If you have software that works with the Xpress device then you shouldn't have any trouble controlling the D40s.

Unfortunately the ETC software probably won't work with the Chauvet device. Since you have them both I'd try it anyway!

However DMX is a universal standard, so anything putting out DMX should control anything that takes DMX. If you have software that works with the Xpress device then you shouldn't have any trouble controlling the D40s.
Thanks, I found I can use the Show Express software with the DMX 512 I have and manually create the D40 profiles. Works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back