Control/Dimming ETC Eos Color Calibration

Brentgi

I'm running ETC Element ver. 2.3.

I have a mixture of led fixtures that I work with.

The two fixtures in question on this post are both Chauvet fixtures:
Chauvet Colordash Batten
Chauvet Colorband Pix (USB)

Also, to preface, there is no profile for the Colorband Pix USB, so I had to create one. This may play into the issue.

The basic question is this: How do I calibrate the color for these fixtures?

If I give them both the same RGB values, then they match physically, but the color space on the Element shows them as different colors. If I use the color picker on both of the fixtures simultaneously, it sets the RGB values differently. This should not be, as the same RGB values for each fixture output the same physical color.

Can anyone steer me in the correct direction?

Thanks!

There are no user options for calibrating the colour of a custom fixture. You'll have to get ETC to do the calibration.

One workaround is to make them both custom fixtures by saving a copy of the Colordash and using that instead. Now with neither of them calibrated you'll get the same RGB values.

FWIW, 2.4 has fixture profiles for the Colorband Pix (M, Mini, & RGB) but they aren't calibrated either.

One workaround is to make them both custom fixtures by saving a copy of the Colordash and using that instead. Now with neither of them calibrated you'll get the same RGB values.

I tried this and it produced the same result as before. Do I need to do any type of editing within the fixture?

It looks like the calibration data persists until you change the footprint. It's probably easier to just build another custom fixture, or depending on the mode, patch them as generic IRGB or whatever is closest.

Yeah I figured that's what I was going to need to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back