ETC EOS Profile Editor

Robert F Jarvis

The ETC forum is slow of late probably due to the Covid. But I have a couple of urgent question: I'm constructing a new profile for a moving head but the manual and videos seem to lag the current editor. I've been able to create two modes, one for color selection and one for a gobo wheel. But, I can't work out two things: 1/ How do I name a mode? (not a parameter) and 2/ looking at an example I see in the mode box contains "When Color Wheel is mode R" (Is this a 'decision' made some how like a ML box being selected or just a description?)

ETCEOS.jpg

Be glad to hear from anyone who operates an EOS console and has created their own profiles

Are you on Facebook, Robert? If so, the ETC programmers group is worth joining - some really, I mean really experienced guys there with very good knowledge and the ability and desire to explain stuff.

Group name is ETC Eos Family Console Programmers

Oh Dear. I am the only person in the Universe (pun?) not on Facebook. And it is costing me dearly. ChamSys have virtually shut down their forum and moved to Facebook. I would love to tangle with the techs their but just can't bring myself to sign away my humanity on that site. Nil desperandum I will slug on regardless. Woops just had a reply from ETC Forum so things are looking up :)

The ETC forum is slow of late probably due to the Covid. But I have a couple of urgent question: I'm constructing a new profile for a moving head but the manual and videos seem to lag the current editor. I've been able to create two modes, one for color selection and one for a gobo wheel. But, I can't work out two things: 1/ How do I name a mode? (not a parameter) and 2/ looking at an example I see in the mode box contains "When Color Wheel is mode R" (Is this a 'decision' made some how like a ML box being selected or just a description?)

View attachment 20439
Ouch! But from the lack of response / interest suspect far fewer folks do 'roll their own'! Unfortunately we're a Not For Profit and I have some pretty cheap fixtures that haven't made it to heads files. And, to add insult to injury ETC's own profile for a little Lixada Gobo MH is completely missing both the Color range and Gobo wheel sub ranges. I can hack profiles from Expression 3, Strand NEO, ChamSys MAgicQ and simple ones for the EOS. But these sub mode things that involve a decision like "If a button is pressed do . . . ", elude me. Maybe I am overcomplicating it but since writing the ETC Forum saw my plea and are actively helping out.

Yep, apart from the Facebook thing ChamSys and you in particular Phil have been great. The QuickQ 20 is in our smaller theater and earning a living. It is so well laid out and intuitive it takes us mere minutes to get new users comfortable. I'm collecting any pertinent observations from the techs and will pass on later.

As you'll probably have seen on the Blue Room, James from ChamSys has confirmed that the Forum is only "closed" temporarily while they do some work on the system, which is taking longer than usual due to the current circumstances, but it will be back for new registrations.

View attachment 20439

Be glad to hear from anyone who operates an EOS console and has created their own profiles
Do you have a link to the manual? I would be interested in having a go at building a profile just for kicks. What version software are you using?

Regards

Geoff

Geoff, its a monster ref "https://www.etcconnect.com/webdocs/Controls/EosFamilyOnlineHelp/en-us/Default.htm" but it is the most up-to-date info.
In particular it's the only place I have found what I needed on Profile "Mode" programming. That and help from ETC Connect.

I hack most of this stuff at home running the freely downloadable "EOS ETCnomad" software for Windows. As I'm not at the console I'm guessing the version there is v2.7.4 and firmware v1.2.1. I check from time to time and install any newer stuff between major shows.

With respect to making your own profiles it's best to start off with really simple stuff like a RGB LED and then progress. From what I can gather most people find their fixtures already listed so don't bother with DIY. We bought some real 'el cheapo' stuff hence having to hack our own! Best wishes.

Must end by apologizing to ETC connect. Times are difficult and they may have reduced staff monitoring (I have missed some regular contributors) but they did answer me and in fact kept up with me as my questions rolled in.

Geoff, its a monster ref "https://www.etcconnect.com/webdocs/Controls/EosFamilyOnlineHelp/en-us/Default.htm" but it is the most up-to-date info.
In particular it's the only place I have found what I needed on Profile "Mode" programming. That and help from ETC Connect.

I hack most of this stuff at home running the freely downloadable "EOS ETCnomad" software for Windows. As I'm not at the console I'm guessing the version there is v2.7.4 and firmware v1.2.1. I check from time to time and install any newer stuff between major shows.

With respect to making your own profiles it's best to start off with really simple stuff like a RGB LED and then progress. From what I can gather most people find their fixtures already listed so don't bother with DIY. We bought some real 'el cheapo' stuff hence having to hack our own! Best wishes.

Must end by apologizing to ETC connect. Times are difficult and they may have reduced staff monitoring (I have missed some regular contributors) but they did answer me and in fact kept up with me as my questions rolled in.
Hi Robert Thanks for the info. I make my own profiles from time to time so a challenging one might fill in some time for me. I have read your post on ETC forums.
Regards
Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back