ETC Express 24/48 plus widescreen LCD?

You can't boost the resolution of the Express. You can use a widescreen with it, but you'd have to lower the resolution of the monitor to match the output of the Express without distortion.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

You'll have to hunt down an old 4:3 VGA LCD, or accept that you can't use the full screen of a widescreen LCD. I'm pretty confident the Express doesn't have the video drivers to support multiple resolutions.

I'll check my expression tomorrow but I'm pretty sure it was plug n play with my HP23"WS. I will say it did take getting used to from the last place I worked as it was a 4:3 screen.

I'd just get an old used 19" 4:3 LCD monitor off of eBay - I got a used, nice quality Dell one for only about $40 last year. Since they used to be the standard, there are a lot of corporate computing clearing houses dumping them by the dozen. You should be able to get a good one cheap.

Here ya go - about $50 shipped for the perfect desk space saver - the V-stand base one that lets you position it at the corner of your console. http://www.ebay.com/itm/201498096917

I'd just get an old used 19" 4:3 LCD monitor off of eBay...
Here ya go - about $50 shipped for the perfect desk space saver - the V-stand base one that lets you position it at the corner of your console. http://www.ebay.com/itm/201498096917
Yes, I agree. Here's another. I replaced the oh-so-nostalgic CRT my son's middle school was using with something similar. I think I was using it as a serving tray, or maybe as a doorstop, until then. When the world went to 16:9, these things just started littering store rooms and basements everywhere. Fact is, though, that they are still ideal for instrumentation, including things like control consoles. If one is creative, one can combine them with the new format in some surprisingly successful ways...

IMG_0433.JPG

If space is tight (and when isn't it?), I also recommend getting a monitor stand. Worked well for me in a very cramped setting:

Stand.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back