ETC Express Console Cover

Here's what I would do...

Present them with two quotes. One for the "bare essentials," like a minimal number of wireless mics, some new lights, light console, sound console, etc.

And, present them with a "top of the line" quote. 28 wireless mics, lots of lights, etc. This is usually how things like tis are done.

Idealy you would want to have someone come on-site from a local sound/lighting company and have them quote you. No offense, but this will be a bit more accurate, and better than you doing all of this yourself.

Anyway, good luck with getting your auditorium renovated. It didn't work out too well for us when we tried.

To answer the questions, we would use all of the microphones about 5-6 times a year and use some of them a lot in between. 24 would have theatre (nude color meant for attaching to the face) microphones, 2 for presentations (black color with tie clip) and the last 2 would be handhelds. They would also probably be adapted with a cable to make it into a wireless guitar for our talent show.

The idea of having different quotes is one that I was planning on. However, I'm not going to make the base plan bare bones type, because our school will jump all over that without considering the rest. The base one will be $35k and I will give how much it would cost to upgrade pieces from that. Like, we use two sound boards (currently we rent one, we'd buy that, and the one we own), so the upgrade would be to replace the old one and the new one in the order with one large one, because the one we own is soon on it's way out. Or, to upgrade the lighting board to a 48/96 from the 24/48. Replacing the amps would be on there, as well as upgrading the intercom system to wireless. Our new director of technology is a big fan of the theater, as is our new (1 year) superintendent and brand new principal. so the idea of shelling out close to $60k before we're done might not be all that unreal, but we shall see.

Yeah, we got the dust cover with our 24/48, so ETC has it. Just give a sales rep a call I'm sure they can help you.

Whoops missed the whole page 2. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back