The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Control/Dimming ETC Express Cueing

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by TechnicalRunner, May 3, 2009.

1. TechnicalRunner

TechnicalRunner Member

I'm using an ETC Express board to due a cue to music project, and I was wondering if there is there a way to record the timing a sequence of cues into the board while you're manually advancing them? I've been playing around with follow times for days but can't get it down for some reason but I can do it manually very easily. I have the rest of my song cued with follows so I'd like to do the entire thing that way so I don't have to worry about jumping in and doing some of it manually, so is there a way I could do it and record it as I go?

2. derekleffew

derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

From page 300 of Expression 3 User Manual, v3.1:

3. TechnicalRunner

TechnicalRunner Member

I saw that in the manual, but would that mean I would have to manually re-cue the entire song or could I just do part of it?

4. Nathaniel

Nathaniel Member

if you're having trouble with follows, your problem could be having fade times that are longer than your follow times.

remember, follow countdown starts when the cue starts, not when it completes.

macros seem like a good idea, but to avoid having to start them manually(other than at the beginning of the piece), i believe you would have to do the entire show that way

5. derekleffew

derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

No, timecode triggers can be mixed with autofollow triggers, provided each cue is only "called" by one or the other.