ETC Express: Multi-Cue Sequences?

drawstuf99

Hey guys,

This question is about the ETC Express board. I was wondering if there is a way of programming, say 10 cues, and have them "pick-up" automatically one after the other after a specified amount of time and fade time. The scenario is, if I was to program 10 cues in order that are for different times of a musical number, could I have the cue go along with the sound and just have the cues start playing at the designated time I set? Does this make sense? I donno if this is right, it seems I had heard it called a "pick-up" cue or something, but I don't know. I would look in the manual, but I don't know what to look for hehe. I know you can set effects cues (like chases and stuff) but I'd like to have it setup as individual cues so it's a)easier to edit if something needs to be changed within the song and b)the process would seem to make a bit more since in our show and process...etc.

Thanks for your help. If you could tell me the process of setting this up, or what to look for in the manuel, that would be great!

Follow Time is what you are looking for.

i am not sure but i think that this is called "follow" I believe the Express has a midi port. so if you are running sound off a computer you might be able to plug it through midi to your light board. Another possibility is setting up a macro.

some things to look up

the follow function
Macros
Midi

hope this helps you

you can also Link cues don't know if that would be any good, never having need to use it. If i were you i'd just make a bund of follow cues.

Follow time, that's it!

Thank you guys so much, this is exactly what I mean. And now this is sounding familiar. Beats pressing "go go go go go go go" over and over again and loosing accuracy.

drawstuf99 said:
Follow time, that's it!

Thank you guys so much, this is exactly what I mean. And now this is sounding familiar. Beats pressing "go go go go go go go" over and over again and loosing accuracy.

Another option if you do not feel like tweaking follows... though it is a bit time consuming.... is to start a time code, do the piece having time code pick up go pushes, then write a macro that will start time code for your piece, link the macro to a cue.... or you can just do a bunch of follows....

I could be wrong about this, but I don't believe the express line can run a time code set AND cues. In settings you choose between having a cue list and a time code list, so I think its an either/or type deal.

I'd go with follow times, just take a watch and hit the play button, count out the seconds..... not to bad.

zac850 said:
I could be wrong about this, but I don't believe the express line can run a time code set AND cues. In settings you choose between having a cue list and a time code list, so I think its an either/or type deal.

I'd go with follow times, just take a watch and hit the play button, count out the seconds..... not to bad.

You actually can, set the console in learn mode and whatever action you take it will record into the code. You can fire a seperate cue stack on whatever bus you want. Instead of simply recording the go press, it remembers what cue was fired, so even if you stack gets off the TC will keep it on track.

So would you link a cue to the first time code part and then the last time code part to the next cue? Or would you be forced to run the time code sequence off your C/D fader?

zac850 said:
So would you link a cue to the first time code part and then the last time code part to the next cue? Or would you be forced to run the time code sequence off your C/D fader?

What i have done in the past to "can" a sequence is write a macro that starts the TC, and write a macro that stops the TC, link the start macro to whatever cue i wanted the TC to start on, run the TC, then put the stop macro in the TC, which returns the console to its regular state. Though I have never tried it, if you would like to fire cues while the TC is running you would have to have TC running on CD or AB (I always use CD to fire cues, and I really don't know why) and fire cues on the other buss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back