ETC Express-programming chases simply?

roh

Hello,

any Express gurus out there know if there is a simple method to program chases on this board? I'm finding it a pain honestly!
I am re creating driving shots on a soundstage with units all around the car to simulate night driving basically....

thanks!

Dear Roh,

The way i know:
in stage mode type [cue] # [type] 3 [enter]
set up the first step of your chase [record] [enter]
set up the second step [record] [enter]
afterwards you can change the step times etcetera in Blind mode by [cue] # [enter]
here you can also copy the chase to a sub master by [cue] # [record] [sub button]

i hope this is what you are looking for

grtz

Luuk

Hello,

any Express gurus out there know if there is a simple method to program chases on this board? I'm finding it a pain honestly!
I am re creating driving shots on a soundstage with units all around the car to simulate night driving basically....

thanks!

Yup the first poster is correct. However there are a couple of tricks to creating chases for this.

1.) create 1st chase and record as cue 100 (or whatever)
2.) record cue 100 as 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ect.
3.) In each cue modify something - speed, invert attributes, change chase from chase to bounce. Reading about attributes will greatly enhance your ability to modify your effects cues.

This allows you to create a chase and then make many different chases without having to go back and input channel levels on every chase.

As the 1st poster mentioned: loading these cues to subs allows you instant access to different chases for playback. Thus if you create 3 different speeds you can rapidly change the speed of the chase your making.

I would also break down your different "gags" into separate fxs. Don't try to build 1 global effect. This will help in varying what the DP is looking for quickly.

Dear Roh,

The way i know:
in stage mode type [cue] # [type] 3 [enter]
set up the first step of your chase [record] [enter]
set up the second step [record] [enter]
afterwards you can change the step times etcetera in Blind mode by [cue] # [enter]
here you can also copy the chase to a sub master by [cue] # [record] [sub button]

i hope this is what you are looking for

grtz

Luuk

As a newbie on the Express, I was not understanding in the manual where you add each channel in the step sequence. ie: ch.1 flashes 80%, then off; ch 2 flashes 40%, off - etc random speeds flashing thru say, 10 lamps on 10 channels?

As a newbie on the Express, I was not understanding in the manual where you add each channel in the step sequence. ie: ch.1 flashes 80%, then off; ch 2 flashes 40%, off - etc random speeds flashing thru say, 10 lamps on 10 channels?
after you made the effect cue
setup channel 1 using the channel fader or the key pad and type [record] [enter]
repeat this for every step
then when your cue is finished, enter blind mode
type [cue] # [enter]
then you'll see the effect edit screen
here you can edit the times and all other attributes.
just look around the options of this screen and se what their effect is on your chase

Express effects channel adds.JPG
after you made the effect cue
setup channel 1 using the channel fader or the key pad and type [record] [enter]
repeat this for every step
then when your cue is finished, enter blind mode
type [cue] # [enter]
then you'll see the effect edit screen
here you can edit the times and all other attributes.
just look around the options of this screen and se what their effect is on your chase

Ummmm. Not really.

1st create an effects cue in live. [record] [cue] # [type] 3 (effects)
Go to blind and call up the cue. this will load as an effects cue screen where you can follow the process that I've attached.

[S1] #, type in channels individually or by range, [S8 - add channels] This is your 1st step
[record] [enter]
[S1] #, type in channels " " " , [S8 - add channels] This is your 2nd step
[record] [enter]
ect.
ect.

View attachment 8039

Ummmm. Not really.

1st create an effects cue in live. [record] [cue] # [type] 3 (effects)
Go to blind and call up the cue. this will load as an effects cue screen where you can follow the process that I've attached.

[S1] #, type in channels individually or by range, [S8 - add channels] This is your 1st step
[record] [enter]
[S1] #, type in channels " " " , [S8 - add channels] This is your 2nd step
[record] [enter]
ect.
ect.

true this is another way, though making you steps in Blind mode there is no visialization on stage which makes it more difficult in my opinion
i always make my steps in stage mode and edit them afterwards in blind mode.
I agree with roh that the manual is not very clear in this point, but there are different ways to make the same chase

Users who are viewing this thread

Back