Control/Dimming ETC Express restarts self/ resets patch 1-to-1

blueeyesdesigns

We're having problems with our ETC Express 24/48. It seems like a flaky power supply, restarting itself and is very unstable, but I'm also being told (haven't had a chance to look into it yet) that it's also resetting the patch 1-to-1. Which confuses me entirely.

Has anyone heard of anything like this happening? Any suggestions on things to try trouble shooting? I'll be able to take a look at it Thursday and hopefully get more information about what's going on.

...It seems like a flaky power supply, restarting itself and is very unstable, but I'm also being told (haven't had a chance to look into it yet) that it's also resetting the patch 1-to-1. ...
Besides resetting the patch 1-to-1, is it also dumping its cues and other programming? If a faulty power power supply, AND a failed internal battery, completely understandable. Call ETC at your earliest convenience.

For Technical Service in the US, phone 1-800-688-4116, weekdays from 8a-5p CST. After hours at the same number is an emergency pager service, and your call will be returned within fifteen minutes. Post this number next to the phone in your booth and in your dimmer room.
For technical support in the Americas, please call 608/831-4116, or toll-free in the U.S. at 800/688-4116.
For technical support in Europe, please call (+44) 20 8896 1000.
For technical support in Germany, please call (+49) 8024 4700-0
For technical support in Asia, please call (+852) 2799 1220.

Ive actually had this same problem. I had to send the board in for repair and was told it was a faulty capacitor. Got the board back and have not had the issue again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back