Control/Dimming ETC Expression 2X is sick, thoughts?

Coltarain

The board is fully functional most of the time. However, it semi-frequently (almost once per use) lags and the digital display flickers. I am not sure what to make of it. It has been serviced a number of times before I took over the space and the floppy drive has been replaced. I know that the problem gets worse when the board is sharing power (power bar with desk lamps, monitor, etc), but even when it has its own direct source the problems exist.

Could this be just an inconsistent power issue that is causing the board to bug out? Or is it likely that there is an internal issue with the board itself?

Could be a weak power supply or noise on the line/grounding issue by the sound of it.

I'd meter the power at the outlet (check voltages and grounding) and get the console on a good UPS. If that doesn't work, it may be time for your board to take a trip to Middleton. Who serviced it previously?

Probably not a fuse, which would be either "working" or "not working".

ETC Tech support: 1-800-688-4116

The board is fully functional most of the time. However, it semi-frequently (almost once per use) lags and the digital display flickers. I am not sure what to make of it. It has been serviced a number of times before I took over the space and the floppy drive has been replaced. I know that the problem gets worse when the board is sharing power (power bar with desk lamps, monitor, etc), but even when it has its own direct source the problems exist.

Could this be just an inconsistent power issue that is causing the board to bug out? Or is it likely that there is an internal issue with the board itself?
Did you ever figure out the problem?? I have the same board and it is doing the exact same thing...
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back