ETC Expression 72/144

brozeph20

We have an ETC Expression 72/144 and have a few moving lights hooked up to the dmx output. Is there any way to control the pan/tilt from the trackpad? I read the manuals but they are really confusing. If there isn't, is there a cheap dmx programmer that would be able to hook up to our board and program them into our normal show cues. The dmx programmer would only be used to set the positions and effects (but they must respond to the normal cues on the board).

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Do a search for moving lights and express. You will find some results. It can be done, its just not a fun thing to do.

[FYI: it is Express 72/144 not Expression, not a big deal, just pointing it out.]

As for your question, yes, there is. I would revert back to the manual and try to figure it out again. But here is what I can tell you that may help. First of all are you using the fixture patch or not? If you are, in the moving lights menu [setup -> #15] go to encoder setup and assign the trackpad to to pan and tilt. If you aren't using the fixture patch, then you can use the Link List to link the two channels (which means you can only have 8-bit control) together and then use the trackpad. You have to make sure that you set up the trackpad to X/Y so that one channel is controlled on the X-axis and one on the Y-axis.

Again, I would try using the manual again, it is very helpful I think. Then post more specific question if you have them.

-Tim

...to assign the trackpad is it TX/TY for the attributes to set the pan and tilt?
Unless Express is different than Expression 3, no. TX/TY refers to an external pointing device: mouse or trackball. You want to assign Pan and Tilt to your internal trackpad, which they already should be if you've used a standard fixture personality.

Seems like another good time to plug Professional Training for the Lighting Industry. (And to shame andrewwebberley into advertising on CB, or at least into becoming a CB Supporter.:naughty:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back