ETC Gateways

hamlett22

HI

I need to upgrade our gateways and am looking at the ETC 2 port options.

When I hit vendor websites like fullcompass and B&H they give options for input and output gateways. You can see on that link above. But the ETC website does not discern a difference between input and output gateways. Besides aren't these gateways programmable via your console to accept either input or output?

Question- I want to add several gateways to accommodate new instruments. Do I need input gateways or output gateways? Since I needs to choose one or the other on my order, I want to make sure I get the right want.
Thanks
Chad

Input or output only determines the gender of the DMX connector as shipped. If all you are doing is using to get DMX out to gear, you want female (output) ports. You can always repurposeconfigure a nodes port as input, than use a M/M DMX turnaround

What console ?. If Eos/Elemnt series using Net3 you have a number of options besides ETC, as any node that listens to sACN will work.

You can upgrade your NET 2 gateways to full streaming ACN and RDM by using this product. If you just want to supplement your existing gateways with more, then as noted above, there are many options including ETC Response gateways or any of these from us.

Our Pathport gateways are PoE and support both ArtNet and sACN. Other features you'd want to look for are:

[QUOTE="Rob, post: 390779, member: 9724"

Our Pathport gateways are PoE
[/QUOTE]

Excepting the Quattro, which uses a wall-wart power supply, so needs local AC. No complaint on this though, it's a good unit, does a lot for the money.

Excepting the Quattro, which uses a wall-wart power supply, so needs local AC. No complaint on this though, it's a good unit, does a lot for the money.
Steve, The Octo is the only Pathport we make that needs AC power.. The Quattro _IS_ PoE. It may also use a wallwart if you just want to hook it right up to your laptop, but not necessarily. And, we just announced a 7% price cut - so even more functionality for a good price. Thanx.

Last edited:
Steve, The Quattro _IS_ PoE. It may also use a wallwart if you just want to hook it right up to your laptop, but not necessarily.
The Octo is the only Pathport we make that needs AC power.

Yes, it's Octo I was thinking about (I'm trying to buy 3 currently), and while looking up info., transcribed incorrectly Quattro for Octo.

Yes, it's Octo I was thinking about (I'm trying to buy 3 currently)
Great news - you will be pleased to see we've dropped the price of the Octo nearly 15%. We had to refresh the hardware as some older parts were going end-of-life and in the process managed to oomph its power for less cost. We're passing that on to our valued customers.

Hi Chad,

We have an assortment of ten 2 port nodes in our rig, all with female output terminals. We've had them for 6 years now and I am very happy with them.

You can set each port however you like: input or output, RDM or not, and any universe. My personal setup is that each port gets its own universe.

I keep a couple gender changers around for when I need input into the node, which is typically only used for when we rent out the space and another LD needs to tie in. This way he/she can tie in to a number of different spots... FOH, Backstage, etc., and allows quite a bit of flexibility over the plot.
These units are capable of running on either POE or wall wart so you'll want to keep that in mind when planning your purchase. We use POE for all of ours...

You can control them via:
The shell in EOS
Concert 3 http://www.etcconnect.com/Products/Networking/Software/Net3-Concert.aspx
or my preference... Net3 Gateway Config Editor http://www.etcconnect.com/Products/...t3-Gateway-Configuration-Editor/Features.aspx

note that the external software only works on a Windows OS.

I notice from your profile that your from Shanghai, China http://www.ekolight.com is an ETC dealer and they might have one you can get your hands on to see if its right for you.

4Wall purchased our install company so I purchase through them.

Good luck

Forgive me, I meant that port 1 and port 2 on each nodes are on separate universes. I run 5 universes, they are not all full, its just how I like to organize my rig.

I do this as well. Catwalks are U2, Boxes on U3, main electrics on U4 &5, etc...... I used 8 universes last show, not close to full, just easy to setup and distribute nodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back