ETC Ion Annoyances

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to do this.

In Cue Only mode on the ETC Ion, I want to edit a cue that has some channel data recorded. I want to remove this channel data so that it doesn't screw up the stuff I have running in a separate cue list. So, I want to remove the data so that it isn't even an instruction to the board anymore. However, I've tried the following things and none of them remove the number and give me a blank tombstone.

Channel [At][At]
Channel {Make Null}
Channel [Full][Full]
Channel [Sneak]
Channel [Recall From] Cue 0 <- This one won't even execute.
Channel [Recall From] Cue 0.01 <- This cue was created by [Go To Cue] 0 [Enter] [Record] [Cue] 0.01 [Enter], so it has no data in it.

No matter what I do, the stupid little blue 0 remains. What the heck can I do?

^ This man deserves a medal. Even after looking through the manual I could not find this. Well done.

Its in the tutorials, and also is a pretty common command. However yes there are many "omissions" in the manuals I've found.
Bloody annoying when you are trying to figure something out or when you just can't seem to remember (especially after working with a bunch of older consoles and then coming back to EOS).
The same command works in PATCH as in BLIND to remove data.

As also mentioned the DELETE command works completely removing the involved data. For what you are describing I'd stick with [channel] [at] [enter].

I've actually just run into something I can't seem to figure out on the element. Ive had the mouse cursor seemingly jump screens on its own and can't figure out for the life of me how to get it back on the other display. Really I'd like to be able to use the mouse on both screens. Can't find ANY reference in the manual or supplements on this. It is very annoying.

I've actually just run into something I can't seem to figure out on the element. Ive had the mouse cursor seemingly jump screens on its own and can't figure out for the life of me how to get it back on the other display. Really I'd like to be able to use the mouse on both screens. Can't find ANY reference in the manual or supplements on this. It is very annoying.

Just as with a normal computer, you can move your mouse from one screen to the other by dragging it off the edge of one screen and onto the other. Depending on how your montiors are laid out physically and in the monitor setup in the console, you might need to drag it off the opposite side of the screen if the element thinks the monitors are swapped... or fix it in setup.

Just as with a normal computer, you can move your mouse from one screen to the other by dragging it off the edge of one screen and onto the other. Depending on how your montiors are laid out physically and in the monitor setup in the console, you might need to drag it off the opposite side of the screen if the element thinks the monitors are swapped... or fix it in setup.

Doesn't work, have tried moving the mouse to the extremes of the screen after it "swaps" and can't get it back...
Thinking the TD might of been playing around in the setup without my knowledge? lol Only been a problem recently.

If you go into the shell under setup you can modify the positions they may be stacked one over the other

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I was just about to say that. They might be on top not side to side

You mean that you have not found.:confused:

Or I have found that there are...

Anyways Ive indeed solved it, the TD must of been changing things around on the console. Exactly as suggested. Didn't have a chance yesterday when I noticed it to even think about it. Easy peasy.

Gotta hate it when someone changes settings and such (when they never use said device).

So up and down? What possessed him to want the screens like that. I can see left on left or left on right or right on right or right on left vut up and down is even bizarre to me. Unless the screens truly do sit on top of each other. *shrug*

So up and down? What possessed him to want the screens like that. I can see left on left or left on right or right on right or right on left vut up and down is even bizarre to me. Unless the screens truly do sit on top of each other. *shrug*

Yes up and down... The screens have always been beside each-other, and were configured thus. When I went to shut down the console last night the mouse was on the right hand screen and I tried moving it left-right to no avail. As it was the end of a long day I simply used the keys to shut-down so I could go to the pub for a pint. Did not occur to me that someone would of changed the settings so the screens were "stacked" like that. Oh well. Whatever. First thing after I booted up today I moved the mouse up-and-down and then shook my head.

You cant even give anyone the benefit of the doubt either, because there is no keyboard shortcut command that does that. Well none that I have found in the last 10 mins of looking.

I find that on the XP based revisions, booting with a monitor disconnected tends to do unkind things to the layout, and re-enabling monitor 2 doesn't always keep original layout.

True but never have I seen them default to an up and down orientation. Most of the time even after the second monitor is connected it doesn't register until you force the detect/identify button or you have to do a hard reset to get it recognized by the PC or Console.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back