ETC Ion: Rem Dim & Marking Issues

GoboMan

I'm having some weird issues with my Ion that I hope I can get some clarification on.

First, Rem Dim. I love this feature, especially when I have to focus moving lights. However, last week I was trying to program a show and had a frustrating problem. I would select a moving light and solo it with Rem Dim. Pan, tilt, and CMY adjustments (with the encoders) would be just fine, and pressing Rem Dim would allow me to go back to the full cue. However, if I did Rem Dim on a light and adjusted its gobo/prism (with the encoders) or intensity (by inputing "201 [At] 50"), pressing Rem Dim would not take me back to the cue. Instead, I would have to input "[Go To Cue] # [Enter]" to restore, and thereby losing all my adjustments. Why is this happening? Are there certain keystrokes/adjustments that can't be done while in Rem Dim?

Secondly, I've been having some weird occurrences with marking moving lights. I like to program with Auto-Mark turned off, and I prefer to decide when I would like my moving lights to mark during a show. While programming last week, there would be several times when I would want to mark a moving light, but I would get the "Lights currently active in cue. Continue?" message. This confused me because I know for a fact that those lights were at zero intensity in the cue I wanted to mark. Even the channel list would say that they were at "-". Still, the board insisted that they were in use in the cue I wanted to mark. Therefore, I had no choice but to make a point cue that auto-followed from my desired mark cue in order to get the lights positioned. It worked, but it was super annoying to do. Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Thanks!

You should look at using 'highlight' instead of rem dim, it sounds much more designed for what you are doing.

I have had the same issue a few times, it has occasionally been because they were fading down, or because I accidentally picked the wrong cue to mark in. I like programming with auto mark on and disabling it when I need to place a mark.

As for the REM dim issue, I would suggest highlight as well I create 2 presets, High and Low. Both only with intensity and color data. High is full and white, Low is +-30(depending on the lights) and blue. Then I set these as my highlight and lowlight presets. Then when you put the console in highlight mode, and select the lights they snap on in white, then when you hit next the first light stays white and the rest turn blue and dim. I absolutely love this for focusing movers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back