Control/Dimming ETC ION Service Manual

loki

Hey All,

Im in need of some help, I have been told by ETC to open up my desk and check the connections, but the manual they sent me is for the ETC congo. They said there they open up the same way but i cant seem to find a way to use the congo manual to open the ION.

Im looking for a copy of an ETC service manual so i can get this open.

I would normaly ring and get the right one, but its the weekend and there closed... (And i need it working before monday)

Any help would be appreciated :)

Hi there,

There's another day left in the week (EDIT: though I see you may be in Australia/New Zealand, so indeed it is the weekend...) - we'll be open today in about an hour. Even if that weren't the case, we have our 24/7 pager service where you'll get a call back within 15 minutes from one of us in Tech Support. 800-688-4116

Both the Congo Jr and Ion console have similar metalwork, making the opening method the same for both. In any event, we'd be glad to talk you through that on the phone, day or night to get the issue resolved - please give us a call when you can. Sorry for any confusion!

Hans

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
There are a lot of screws and they have to come off in somewhat of a specific order, and the ones at the bottom you just want to loosen, not remove. I would definitely call and have them walk you through it. It's still the middle of the day here in the states (even morning in WI), so they should be open.

-Tim

To copy paste the worldwide contact numbers from ETC's website:
Please Feel Free to Contact Anyone in Technical Services
For technical support in the Americas,
please call 608/831-4116,
or toll-free in the U.S. at 800/688-4116.

For technical support in Europe,
please call (+44) 20 8896 1000.

For technical support in Germany,
please call (+49) 8024 4700-0

For technical support in Asia,
please call (+852) 2799 1220.

Hong Kong is probably in the most sensible time zone to answer a call from Melbourne...

Hans / the other ETC guys - does ringing any of these numbers basically get you to the same place or is there advantage in ringing the one closest to one's location?

Chris - those numbers ring through to the different international offices. The Americas number rings through to Middleton, WI, Europe rings to London, Germany rings to Holzkirchen, and Asia rings through to Hong Kong. So, in terms of location and time zone, it does make sense to call the nearest office. (I forgot to update that in my earlier post -- thanks for the clarification).

Last edited:
I had to do this the other day.

Two things should be noted about this post:
1. The document posted is out of date.
2. Opening your console should be done only at the request of ETC Technical Services. Most of the internal components inside are sensitive to static shock, in addition to the usual caveats of tampering with internal components could void your warranty.

Please, if you believe that you are having a problem with your console that requires access to the internal components, call us at any of the numbers posted above and reposted below. We provide 24/7/365 support for occasions just like this.

For technical support in the Americas,
please call 608/831-4116,
or toll-free in the U.S. at 800/688-4116.

For technical support in Europe,
please call (+44) 20 8896 1000.

For technical support in Germany,
please call (+49) 8024 4700-0

For technical support in Asia,
please call (+852) 2799 1220.

The other day my ION shut down. I called ETC and they advised me my hard drive needed to be reseated. They sent me this file with instructions on how to open it up. If its outdated I dont know maybe they sent me an old one. I do know I opened it up and fixed it. However I would not open it unless told to do so by ETC.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back