ETC ION Touchscreen compatibility?

TLRSpyder

Purchasing an Ion in July as an auditorium upgrade (from a dilapidated Strand GSX....yup insert laughter here). Wondering which touchscreens are compatible for them, and what you are using? Thinking of doing a conventional one and a touchscreen. The new Ions ship with Windows 7 I believe, so that changes the spec. Don't want to really spend $800ish on a touchscreen if there are some functional ones out there.

Thanks for the help...

I have some older Elo's that work nicely; you can find these for awfully cheap on Craigslist, Ebay, or at computer surplus stores.

Any Windows 7 compatible touchscreen will work with the newer Ions. The most popular every time this question gets asked (and it gets asked a lot) is the Dell S2240T, but there are plenty of choices.

I'm working on spec'ing a new Ion system, is the Dell S2240T still one of the best monitors?

I had 2 Dell S2240T on my ETC Element, they work like any other modern touch screen monitor. You should consider the footprint of any monitor you are looking at. I think their foot print is way too big, but space in the booth and at the tech table at my venue is nonexistent. Also, if fingerprints get on your nerves, look for a touch screen what doesn't have a glossy glass screen.

This is my booth. Dell P2314T monitors on swing arms.
IMG_0661.JPG

Last edited:
Rotated vertically. The swing arms allow us to spin and angle them quite freely. I often lay the one on the left down like a desk surface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back