Control/Dimming ETC Ion - User 0?

z2oo

Hey folks, ran into a strange (to me) one over the weekend. I had a multiple-day, gallery-style installation in the space so my team put together a quick Show Control (running on RTC) list to turn on the show look at 7:30 AM and turn on works at 6:30 PM each day. Super simple—both just fired macros that went to a specific cue #.

At multiple points on two separate days, I got reports that the works had turned on and that someone had to manually go back into the show look using a magic sheet button that fired the show look go-to-cue macro.

Today, I went into Tab 99 and took a look back to see exactly what happened. As expected, I saw User 1 fired the macros at exactly 07:30:00 and 18:30:00 respectively, but I also found that a User 0 had fired the works macro at the odd times that were reported (i.e. 16:08:24). The root of the question: who is User 0?! I can't manually set myself to be that, so I assume it's some internal process... but why is it doing uncalled for things at weird times, ruining my gallery experience?

Worth a call to ETC? Something dumb I didn't know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back