ETC NET3 4 Port Gateway Issue

Wow, thank you everyone for the thoughtful replies. Sorry for not responding sooner. I truly appreciate it and now believe I have seen the issue. As Malabaristo said above, our two facilites (with separate light boards and gateways) are all on the same network. That network is separate from the rest of the school, but that's still two separate boards and their gateways in difference facilities sharing that same network. Each device and net3 gateway has a separate ip address, however, they all share the same default gateway IP (router address).

So from what I'm understanding with what Malabaristo wrote, I should have one network with it's own set of IP addresses (for example 172.31 type range) for our black box facility lighting and one network with it's own set of IP addresses (for example 10.101 type range) for our main theater facility light and we won't have that interference anymore?

I'm really sorry I'm so terrible at networking. Also, I do have a really great IT person who knows networking well and changing the settings on the gateways, just hasn't worked with networking NET3's and lightboards before. So as long as I can tell our IT person what exactly we should do with our networks, he should be very accommodating and fast at helping out.

Thanks again. I really appreciate this community.

I see too that jtweigandt also suggested that each facility should be on a separate isolated network as well. So thanks for that. I will tell our IT guy to separate the two networks and I believe that will fix the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back