Control/Dimming ETC NOMAD question again

Patch29

Hi again,
I am a young student who is very excited with the world of lighting and attends a school where we use ETC. On a school issued laptop I had IT install NOMAD offline. However, due to file location of the library I cannot use it. Does anyone know where that file hides once downloaded?

Are you getting any error messages or anything when you run it? It's a little bit hard for me to understand your situation with this little information.

This may help some. Notice the lack of a library.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    210.6 KB · Views: 303
Is it possible that when you say "library" you mean the "browser"?

I see the "About" page is active. Press Y to make it go away, or press F9 to open the browser display.

Here is an example. Thanks for your help guys, I know this seems like stupid questions.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    172.3 KB · Views: 274
Have you tried patching anything, or opening an existing show if there is one?

You obviously are able to launch the offline Nomad software and what I'm seeing is you have a new file open, thus will not see any patch data as you haven't patched anything yet.

When you hit Display, it open the Central Information Area. That shows you the file structure for any established files that are saved on the HD that the Nomad software resides on. All show data is in the Show Archive and if you had any files saved there, it would be wherever you saved them.

Note that the laptop is NOT connected to any local console (do you have one ?), so you are not going to see show files on the console HD.

Thus when you launch Nomad, you are starting a new blank show file, thus no patch data.

And as additional issue and as SK8 pointed out, there's no fixture library, which I thought would have downloaded as part of the Nomad install ?, thus no fixture options. Still, there's no patched channel to address info, which you create in the software.

You obviously are able to launch the offline Nomad software and what I'm seeing is you have a new file open, thus will not see any patch data as you haven't patched anything yet.

When you hit Display, it open the Central Information Area. That shows you the file structure for any established files that are saved on the HD that the Nomad software resides on. All show data is in the Show Archive and if you had any files saved there, it would be wherever you saved them.

Note that the laptop is NOT connected to any local console (do you have one ?), so you are not going to see show files on the console HD.

Thus when you launch Nomad, you are starting a new blank show file, thus no patch data.

And as additional issue and as SK8 pointed out, there's no fixture library, which I thought would have downloaded as part of the Nomad install ?, thus no fixture options. Still, there's no patched channel to address info, which you create in the software.
Thanks for your reply Steve! I knew that much , feels good to know some :) ,its just I cannot find the file to allow privileges of being able to access them.

Thanks for your reply Steve! I knew that much , feels good to know some :) ,its just I cannot find the file to allow privileges of being able to access them.

If you can see the show/data files in the show archive file, but cannot open, right click on the file. You should get a prompt to "allow administrator access" as an option. Try that.

Hey all,

I think the OP is looking at a fixture library issue.

The fixture library is located in C:\Users\<<username that installed>>\Local\AppData\ETC\Eos\ and contained in the FixtureData\, Gobos\, and Resources\ subdirectories.
This was a recent change to our fixture library installation and means that you do need to install as the user that will be running the console software.
You can try in the shell (Settings -> General) to update the fixture library from the student profile and load a newer library from the website. That will put it in the proper location for alternate users.

Thanks!
Hans

Users who are viewing this thread

Back