Control/Dimming Etc Nomad without gadget

glazedpineapple

I have an etc nomad dongle and a enttech dmx usb pro adapter and I am trying to get them to play with eachother. From what I have found on the internet, I tried to use QLC+ to passthrough the dmx to artnet however I cannot get this to work. QLC+ is able to control the lights fine but no matter what I set the artnet passthrough to it just doesnt work. I am open to using other programs to passthrough the dmx. Thanks so much for your help in advance!

I may be able to help, but I need to understand exactly what you're trying to do. The ETC dongle only talks to one of their Gadget dmx adaptors, so that's a short conversation from what I read. Is it that you're trying to find a way to use the Enttec interface as your dmx source instead? Or are you looking for something that the dongle talks to that the Enttec does as well?

I may be able to help, but I need to understand exactly what you're trying to do. The ETC dongle only talks to one of their Gadget dmx adaptors, so that's a short conversation from what I read. Is it that you're trying to find a way to use the Enttec interface as your dmx source instead? Or are you looking for something that the dongle talks to that the Enttec does as well?
Only talks to their USB DMX Gadget. You can use a sACN or Artnet Node too.

As already asked, we need to know what you're trying to achieve. If you want to use the Nomad software on your PC or Mac and output DMX to your rig via a USB attached adapter, then it must be an ETC gadget or gadget II. If you want to output DMX from your network port as sACN or artnet and from there distribute it to your rig, then any sACN or artnet node will work. Nomad will not output in any way through an enttec (or any other brand than ETC, for that matter) USB DMX adapter.

I was trying to take in the DMX then convert it to artnet using a software tool so that nomad can use it. I found this post on Reddit but it doesn’t go into specifics.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nomad will output artnet directly to your PC ethernet port.... What you really need to do is forget about the dmx pro adapter alltogether, and have an cat5e artnet to dmx converter like this
We feed artnet to these devices through a netgear unmanaged switch. It was kind of nice to subdivide and reduce the length of our daisy chains. Made some quirky flashes go away.

Otherwise to use the dmxpro usb.. you would need some sort of cat 5e artnet to usb conversion and then the dmx pro converts to 3 or 5 pin dmx., and as long as you are buying hardware, might as well just spend $132 and do it in one step as the
ETC gods intended.

Wait - it looks like the OP wants to receive DMX and use it in nomad as a control input, not output DMX - have I understood correctly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back