ETC Parameter Control

Sethakam

hey guys,
great to be registered on here. i have looked and looked for an answer and finally had to call ETC.

i was looking for a way to control a specific CELL in my Elation Color Chorous 72. i tired breaking it down into addresses, but it would only let me CHECK it and not program it.

the ETC rep suggested creating small fixture (SIMPLE RGBA) and lining them up in the patch (so instead of a 48 Chan fixture that is broken down, i now have 12 @ 4 Chan fixtures). he said thats the way he would do it, but there really isn't a way to customize the encoders and have custom pages for each cell.
why cant i program my own encoder pages?

What he suggested worked well, but its really going to kill me to do that for every fixture and then to not have overall INT, does anyone have any better ways to do this that ETC hasn't thought of?

Thanks for any help

Write groups for when you want to control intensities of all the "phantom" units as though they were one fixture. You could also write a macro that re-patches them, but I think that injects some possibility of error.

If you can't re-program the actual encoders, you can make a magic sheet that accomplishes what you're looking for pretty easily.

Welcome! I am relocating this to the Lighting Forum so it is posted in the proper place. Lots of members visit there, you should get some great advice.

~Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back