Control/Dimming ETC R20 Issues

Bubby4j

I bought an ETC R20 used for our Sensor+ rack, however I think there may be an issue with the module.

As you can see in the picture below, the "Power" indicator light for the bottom channel does not turn on unlike the top one. The "Signal" light is lit on both of them.

I can hear the top relay click but not the bottom one. I have tried two different slots in the Sensor+ rack and have the issue in both. In one of the slots there were two lights connected, but only the one on the top channel turned on.

At the current rack slot I have no load attached to either one. I tried setting the channels to full via DMX and also straight from the CEM+ LCD menu.

Does this mean that the fuse and/or the relay for the bottom channel is bad? Does it mean I have it configured incorrectly in the CEM+? (I have it set to Switched, but in the About menu it still thinks that it's a D20).

Does it mean I need to complain to the seller?

I looked in the R20 "documentation" (of which there is very little) and it doesn't talk about the indicator lights at all.

proxy.php

Is there a load on the supposed bad side when you test ?.

FWIW, I never bother to re-set the CEM as these will run just fine if the rack thinks it's a D20.

It sounds like a blown fuse.

Is there a load on the supposed bad side when you test ?.

FWIW, I never bother to re-set the CEM as these will run just fine if the rack thinks it's a D20.

It sounds like a blown fuse.

I tried with and without a load. I would imagine that the relays ought to switch without a load anyway.

I'll take it out and test the fuses next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back