ETC Sensor + and Paradigm Failure

Our paradigm loaner got here yesterday, popped the compact flash card in it and it loaded fine. The system works great now, universe 1 is back, and universe 2 is not but it has been out prior to the system going down. Had some issues with the racks losing comm for about an hour (Backplane comm errors) which have now resolved themselves. The cem+ processors got pulled out by our maint dept because they were messing with stuff (never informed us they were doing this:rolleyes:) and they didn't fully push them in all the way. They also blew the breaker to one of the racks because they threw every light on at full all at once! We have sent the paradigm out for repair, why having it down took the whole system down I don't know but at least we are back up! If anyone here has any ideas why that was the case, I would appreciate the explanation. The next task is getting uni 2 back up but it's not important as of now. Thanks for all the help!
I'd guess that the paradigm issues were as someone commented earlier in the thread - paradigm boots, takes control, crashes.

the sACNview troubleshooting tips from earlier in the thread could help with your universe 2 issues - but at least you're back up and running now.

I'd guess that the paradigm issues were as someone commented earlier in the thread - paradigm boots, takes control, crashes.

the sACNview troubleshooting tips from earlier in the thread could help with your universe 2 issues - but at least you're back up and running now.
The thing is, the paradigm was completely disconnected and we still had no output. I find it odd that if one thing goes down everything goes down. Why would a system like this not function without the paradigm?

The thing is, the paradigm was completely disconnected and we still had no output. I find it odd that if one thing goes down everything goes down. Why would a system like this not function without the paradigm?
If the dimmer racks are using DMX input, not network input, it's possible that the paradigm is the device translating sACN from the network to DMX to the dimmer racks. Hard to tell without looking at your install drawings, or poking around your paradigm config or dimmer racks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back