ETC Sensor Rack Min Level

Call911

Hello All,

We have an ETC Sensor Rack and a Unison system. In the theater we have an inner lobby horseshoe (acts as a light block). The problem is there are no emergency lights in that inner lobby, and when the lights are off and the doors are closed it is pitch black. We have the unison set to keep the lights at 30% when the "Off" preset is pressed, but Donnie the lights get turned off still (if someone hits manual and brings all the faders down on the unison stations).

Is there a way in the sensor rack to say "this dimmer is never allowed under 30%". I think there's a way, but at the same time I don't want to break anything. Thanks!

If Sensor racks can accept an analog signal (some new racks can, some can't. I really don't know anything about Sensors) you could just have a 3vDC wall wart plugged in next to the rack. There's probably a way to just program it in like you're thinking, though.

One starting point might be to program one of the buttons on your booth panel as a "lockout" that denies any control to any station except the booth as long as it's engaged. Typically this would get engaged at half hour or so and turned off when the house is clear. You might need to set up a parallel state in a house managers office as well.

[*]Call ETC at 1-800-688-4116 to talk you though it.
[/LIST]

Your best bet. CEM's are a maze. Its easy to get lost and not figure out how to get back out. They can do a ton which is great but are not the easiest things to navigate. Can't tell you how many times I have beaten my head on the wall with these things when I just want to set a DMX address!

call ETC - give them the job name - if you have it the job number from the ETC drawings. these guys are great at field service.
How the load is controlled and what it's different states are can be defined in two places - first at the rack - setting the dimmer at a level or giving it a minimum threshold.
second and easiest is to have ETC modify your Unison configuration to invert the signal to that dimmer. there are a jazillion ways to approach it, but you have to be a certified tech to access the Unison config. calling ETC is best bet.

curious though - this is called a "lightlock" entry area for a reason ...so that light doesnt spill into the Theatre when people slip in and out during a performance...you might be sort of defeating the purpose :)

call ETC - customer support, they will look up who turned on the system, will probably have a file copy of your Unison configuration, and can send it to you and talk you through uploading it. have all the info ready like what dimmer number you are wanting to control.

C

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back