ETC Snapshot

simchapup

Lighting Technician
I need any information anyone may have about the ETC Snapshot. Or a Port B Error on a Sensor dimming rack. Any information on the Snapshot would be appreciated.

What information are you looking for, specifically?

Are you trying to fix an issue (i.e. a look stuck on at the dimmer rack) that you're having? Are you trying to record a backup look? Are you trying to snapshot a look from the console into, say, a Unison preset?

What kind of Sensor rack do you have? What kind of processor is it (MPE, CEM, CEM+)? What control interface is feeding your port B? Is the red (or could be blue) Beacon light flashing?

Have you tried resetting your dimmer rack processor? If you have a user manual, it will tell you how to do so. I can't quote the page without knowing what kind of processor you have.

Tell us what gear your system is comprised of, what issues you're having, and what you're trying to accomplish.

were having a problem with the snapshot staying on and losing memory that is our main concern right now. we have power cycled the architechual receiver and that has worked once just tring to find a long term solution though. dont want to have to keep doing a power cycle. we have a sensor sr48 with CEM i believe. the red lights at the top have constantly been flashing for at least 2 years now have had people look not sure why though.

Last edited:
I'm sure someone here can help you but why wait? ETC has the best customer service in the business. CALL them 24/7 and their goal is getting the right person in touch with you in less than 15 minutes. 1-800-688-4116.

Completely *wild* guess/stab in the dark without having any more info- is that your architectural processor may not be sending DMX to the rack (hence the port B error) and the snapshot staying on may be a result of a setting on your dimmer rack (upon loss of DMX- hold last look).

Without any more specifics as to what your system is comprised of, I'm afraid I won't likely be able to help you any further. You might be best served calling ETC, but they will want to know info similar to what I am asking. They can help you determine these things if you don't know.

ETC's number is 1-800-688-4116. Ask for Tech Support. They will be happy to help you troubleshoot over the phone and hopefully get your questions answered...or and help you facilitate a repair with a dealer, if need be.

Thanks to all we have called ETC earlier this week and it seems like we have gone as far as we can without making the service call. Thanks for trying i truly appreciate it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back