Conventional Fixtures ETC Source 4 sockets

Re: Source 4 end caps oxidizing

I have come across four end caps, here at school, where one of the pin holes for the lamp is oxidized, causing a good lamp not to work. Our instruments are only about 4-5 years old, for the most part, and this only has happened in the ellipsoidals, not the PARs. I was just wondering if anyone else has run into this occurring with the Source 4s.

Edit by Moderator: This post has been moved here from another location.

Over time, this is normal. If the sockets are charred, DO NOT put new lamps in, you will kill them before their time. You can get a new lamp base for the fixture and they are relatively easy to change. You just need to pick up the TP-22H lamp bases.

Re: Source 4 end caps oxidizing

I have come across four end caps, here at school, where one of the pin holes for the lamp is oxidized, causing a good lamp not to work. Our instruments are only about 4-5 years old, for the most part, and this only has happened in the ellipsoidals, not the PARs. I was just wondering if anyone else has run into this occurring with the Source 4s.

Edit by Moderator: This post has been moved here from another location.

Yes, if you read this thread you will understand that it happens. You need the Osram TP-22H Socket listed above to replace them, they can be purchased for around $15 each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back