ETC Source Four PARnels

zackw250

Hey I have been doing some research and came across some ETC Source Four PARnels.

Our local lighting supply company gives them 10 thumbs up, and I read alot of good stuff about them online as a multipurpose fixture.

ANyone here have personal experience with them??

What your thoughts on the fixture?

Thanks... ZW

I would use these any day over a PAR 64... the only downside I see to them is they don't come in 6 bars yet. The optics are amazing. You cant even compair them to a PAR 64. I have used these several times on smaller shows that did not require alot of wash.

any of you used any that run the 750W bulb? How is the brightness?

Thanks... all your input is helping me convince my church's CFO that we need them! ZW

My school has a bunch of the PARnells and I love them. They are a lot smaller then the PAR64, and have a very nice even beam.

The biggest plus in my mind is that they work off the same lamp as the S4, so you only need to keep one lamp stocked. No more needing a wide par, and only having medium and narrow lamps in stock (happened all this summer at the community theater I was in).

It takes all of about 2 seconds to swap out the lens which releases with a small metal catch. You rotate the lens by a thing on the side of the instrument, not by sticking your hand into it and moving the lamp.

I have the 575 watt fixtures and they are very bright, so I'm sure that the instruments with 750 watt instruments would be plenty bright.

i guess around $10. we still use edison plugs for all our circiuts and we twist-and-lock in our coves. edison cost around $9 a pair.

I am about to purchase 6 750W with edison connector (but you can get them either way usually at no cost) for $207.00 for everything, fixture, lamp, clamp, gel frame, safety cable, edison plug everything from Barbizon.

Great company, I would suggest looking into using them!!! Nothing but positive comments! ZW

Thanks for your input!

They are brighter then a 1kw PAR wide flood, about as bright then any of the VNSP thru MFL Par64's, when using the 750w lamp. The lens is adjusted via a knob on the bottom of the fixture - which sometimes gets in the way of tilt.

The beam is not as wide as a Par64 wide, round shape, not elongated like a Par.

Order a short color frame extender if you want the gel to last

Great unit though...

Production Advantege will sell you one for about $200 - Unit/Clamp/Color frame and lamp.

Anyone tried a Generic version of the parnell?
I've used the LumiPar 575 with success. I cant wait to try the Behringer Version when it comes out. I think its around $110 cdn.

I believe that you (and others) are confusing the ParNel with the standard ETC Source 4 Par ?.

The Parnel has 2 lenses. One fixed, one that rotates with the knob on the bottom to vary the field size.

The basic S4 Par has 5 swappable lenses, 4 that come standard with the unit.

There are knock-off's of the basic Par, none for the ParNel that I've seen.

SB

SteveB said:
I believe that you (and others) are confusing the ParNel with the standard ETC Source 4 Par ?.

The Parnel has 2 lenses. One fixed, one that rotates with the knob on the bottom to vary the field size.

The basic S4 Par has 5 swappable lenses, 4 that come standard with the unit.

There are knock-off's of the basic Par, none for the ParNel that I've seen.

SB

Damn, yea, your right. I was confused. Acutely, as I posted my message I was thinking that it sounded like the wrong instrument, but assumed that I was just confused.

Yes, I have the S4Par, not the Parnell, sorry about that.

I do remember reading about them, and reading that they are good instruments. However, yea, sorry about that.

we all make mistakes :)

I have used both the S4PAR and the PARnel. I like both, but for diferent reasons.
The S4 par with the swapable lens system is brighter with the same lamp. 750 PARnel is about the same as 575 S4 PAR.

S4 PAR feels more like a PARcan
PARnel feels more like a fernel

I guess is the convenience of not having to swap lenses worth the extra cost and lower light out put?
I would like to hear other opinions on this trade off.
at one venue I work at the PARnell is the only way to go, but at school I would go for the S4 PAR to save money and get more bang
TJB

I'n never used the S4 Parnell, but my school does have 12 fresnel that I've worked with.

I would choose a S4 PAR over a standard PAR any day, if for no other reason, then for the reason that you don't need to keep in stock 4 different lamps.

Personally, I do not understand the difficulty of having to change out a lens. You turn it up-side-down, push the catch in, and the lens pops out. To put the lens back in, just slide it into the slots and push. It takes maybe all of 20 seconds to change the lenses. I have never used the instrument, but I can not imagine how lower light output and a more expensive instrument.

Just my 2 cents though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back