ETCNomad and Element mirroring

ademhayyu1

Hello,

I just got a new ETCNomad and a wifi router for our school's lighting console. I'm having trouble mirroring the console to my Nomad. They're both on the same wifi (the console is connected via ethernet and my Nomad is connected via Wifi) but I still get the same "Finding Master Console" message.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Hello,

I just got a new ETCNomad and a wifi router for our school's lighting console. I'm having trouble mirroring the console to my Nomad. They're both on the same wifi (the console is connected via ethernet and my Nomad is connected via Wifi) but I still get the same "Finding Master Console" message.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Networking is a finicky thing, make absolutely sure that both your console and router are operating within the same private IP range (10.x.x.x by default on the console). Most consumer routers default to the 192.168.x.x range, which is problematic when attempting to integrate into a show network. Also, make sure that you run Nomad in "Element" mode (labeled as "Element 2" I think) and not "ETCNomad" mode. I'd recommend that you have a wired connection to the router while troubleshooting to guarantee that interference/signal strength isn't an issue.

Though it isn't intended to be used over wifi, Nomad does work well when the network is properly configured. Obviously it's much better to have a wired connection, but it is possible to make do with a wireless connection.

From my experience Nomad will not mirror over wifi and needs an ethernet connection.
I Mirror over Wifi with my element all the time (actually never used a hard network line to do it).

Now it is important to make sure the router, desk and computer are configured properly. Often it is also necessary to exit to the shell and reboot into element in order to get it to host properly if your nomad isn't detecting a master.

Everything you need to know is on the ETC forums, and I'm positive there is a thread around here too.

If you have further questions or problems let me know. Also as always, ETC tech support is STELLAR amazing!

Major notes:
- Host and Client MUST BE SAME SOFTWARE and library version!
- Make sure the Subnet and IP settings will work, DHCP is fine. Personally, I have all of mine set up in order to make sure the console is ALWAYS the same IP address for things like OSCRFR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back