ETC's new EDLT's anyone?

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
I did some searching and haven't found any posts here about the ETC Enhanced Definition Lens Tubes. I've read the ETC propaganda but wonder about the real world difference from a normal lens tube. Anyone got them? What do you think?

I played with them a bit at USITT, they seamed to do what they promissed. Personaly, I do very little projections that need that type of def. It wouldnt be bad to have 1 or 2 around but I dont think I would devote an entire inventory to them.

Footer4321 said:
I played with them a bit at USITT, they seamed to do what they promissed. Personaly, I do very little projections that need that type of def. It wouldnt be bad to have 1 or 2 around but I dont think I would devote an entire inventory to them.
I played around with them as well at the show, my feeling is that if you are doing more corporate projections or using them with high resolution gobos or for scenery it would be good to have a few in stock or know where you can rent them. If your just using it for breakups or other hilighting gobos I think the standerd Lens will do just fine, after all some would say that ETC has arguebly the best lens in the industry.

I would strongly reccomend these if your theater does a lot of gobo projection, they have very clear projection and no halation, no more donuts!!

personally, unless it was a majorly important gobo, i would rather buy a donut instead of the tube, considering how expensive it is.

just something to think of pricewise.

Our school just redid the entire inventory with ETC fixtures including some of the EDLTs. They're pretty great. We do a lot of projections so they're nice to have around to say the least.

True that the EDLT costs twice as much as a normal lense tube, but in the end it is worth the extra money if you plan to do a lot of gobo projections, otherwise about 2 weeks ago I was playing around with some regular source 4s and they seems to do just as well with gobos as the EDLTs apart from a few minor halations, I think if you need gobo projection a lot then by the EDLT if not just stick with regular Source 4s

I agree, I don't think I would use them on anything other than a high-definition gobo or a glass gobo needing really good image control, otherwise, why spend the money. Any normal projection will do just fine in a normal tube w/ halation correction if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back