Ethernet DMX/PC lighting

I almost quoted Ishoo on this then almost quoted Sayen and in the end just replied.

Once again the reality depends on knowledge and flexibility. In the last three months especially it has been shown that not only are some Linux distos faster and more stable than Vista in general they will run windows only software better than vista through Wine (if you want proof or links PM me, this is a battle I can win).

So basically if you're willing to be a nerd for a bit and like I said earlier play nice on the internet with your DEDICATED hardware you can have a standard of stability that is just stupid (I restart my computer about once a month for OS upgrades that's about it that's how stable it is, and I have a white elephant bag of computer parts and do not play nice on the internet at all)

I refer to my previous idea, consoles are very specific computers. If the opperator can be trained to use the computer for just lighting design/programming/operation then they can build a town run whatever software and upgrade as needed for cheap. This IS the future, it will happen but right now the dedicated console is the trend and I don't see that changing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back