EV FS212 Floor Wedges

Hi,
I have the opportunity to pick up three of these floor wedges for a pretty darn good price. All of them are in good working order. I know they are pretty heavy.
He is also going to throw in a JBL 2x12 monitor with a 2" horn. Cabinet is made by Clair Brothers. The horn is a JBL 2450H.

Do any of you fine folks use these and are these pretty good monitors?

I'm a little confused as to what the other box is. Are you saying it is a Clair box with JBL components, or is it a JBL box?

Unless I know and trust the seller, I wouldn't buy them unless I could hear them first. When in doubt, trust your ears.

Those EVs look like a pretty old model, so the specific one you are looking at could be very worn from years of abuse. That is not to say they are not worth the asking price. Looking at an original spec sheet they seem like they could be decent, especially if you have the means to bi-amp them. They don't go terribly low though, and if I am reading it right (the scanned PDF) they are 120 lbs. Not something I would want to shlep around every day.

Yes, it is a Clair box with JBL Components.

I am going to listen to them later today. He got all powered monitors so he is getting rid of these. $150 for all four monitors. He is also very desperate for money.

I passed on the EVs. One had a blown horn and one had a blown 12". They looked like crap. I did buy the Clair cab with JBL components. It looked and sounded great. The cab was loaded with a JBL 2450H and two 2206H Drivers. Only paid $80.
My deal of the day.

Sounds like you got the 12AM floor wedges. the older versions were built with EV's, newer versions with JBL transducers. hope that answers abit, good deal by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back