Ever had a concussion?

I was looking out the window at a big construction site in Seattle the other day. I did a double take because all I saw were people wearing "helmets" with chin straps. There was not one, conventional hard hat to be seen. The newer style must be catching on in the construction trades, or at least with that general contractor. It makes sense because when you need the protection the most is when hat gravity is taking place.
Nobody's ever had welding sparks/slag fall down their tee-shirt.

I mean, I never have either, but that's why hardhats have brims.

Nobody's ever had welding sparks/slag fall down their tee-shirt.

I mean, I never have either, but that's why hardhats have brims.
Then it lands on the "beer shelf", between the solar plexus and belt. :eek:

I may have been dropped on my head as a baby, I believe... as do others. My brothers, older twins were insanely jealous of me I was that adorable and apparently threatening to take all of mommy's attention away from them.

Then it lands on the "beer shelf", between the solar plexus and belt. :eek:
I learned, when first starting and back when safety was making sure you didn't get caught smoking in the metal shop.... that sneakers are never a good idea when welding. Yeah I know, very stupid mistake. slag dropped on the toe area, burned right through the nylon mesh and BB sized piece of slag settled in between my big toe and my ...pointer toe? anyway, that takes a long time to cool and sticks to the inside of your sock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back