Evertz and RTS Adam

Art.lacie

I'm using two Evertz cards 7707IT and an Adam matrix. The Evertz cards help me reach a long distance over fiber.

The audio in+/- out+/- is confusing.

If I am implementing/following a color scheme, will it be the same on both sides of the Evertz?

The manuals for both use different language for audio in/to etc.

Also is wiring the data in the Evertz card ever NOT a good idea? We don't always need it but I think if there is no risk involved why not. Thx

If you're at the point where your Intercom system is that big and you're using a Matrix AND fiber extensions on the Matrix get someone local to help who knows how the thing works - you're just going to confuse yourself out-sourcing knowledge on a complex piece of gear to the internet.

That being said, Audio In from one device goes to Audio Out of another device and vice-versa assuming you're using a 4-Wire setup.

On the Data - are you talking about the optional RS-422/485 ports on some of the 7707IT cards (specifying the exact model would be helpful..)? My best assumption is that you'd know if you needed Serial control of a device, it's one of those things that you know when you need...

If you're at the point where your Intercom system is that big and you're using a Matrix AND fiber extensions on the Matrix get someone local to help who knows how the thing works - you're just going to confuse yourself out-sourcing knowledge on a complex piece of gear to the internet.

That being said, Audio In from one device goes to Audio Out of another device and vice-versa assuming you're using a 4-Wire setup.

On the Data - are you talking about the optional RS-422/485 ports on some of the 7707IT cards (specifying the exact model would be helpful..)? My best assumption is that you'd know if you needed Serial control of a device, it's one of those things that you know when you need...

Thanks for responding.
This is a 'lab setup' right now with some older gear. I have a short amount of time to test and get to know the flow. We have some other gear in production that I will eventually work with once I get to know this system. I'm trying to learn as much about IC as possible.

The Evertz cards are the 7707it-8 so it has the 8 channels and a dedicated data block as well.

When it comes to intercom, in my mind everything is an in and an out (beltpacks,keypanels, etc have mics/headsets). So I guess what we are talking about it the mic vs the headset etc as we are wiring to pins, RJs, db9s etc.

So what I'm wondering is if you are using the same cable for all the wiring and aiming for a consistent color scheme, will the wires to the Evertz cards have the same color combos top to bottom?

I'm thinking the Evertz cards can be thought of as just an extension cable and yes, matching the color order on both cards is the best plan.

Assuming the 'patch panel' is technically the input, if we start there, our audio in+/- will wire to the Evertz "in+/-" which "fibers" to Evertz card #2. The wires coming out of "in +/-" on Evertz card #2 are soldered to pins 4&5 on the db9 at the matrix panel.

Does this seem right?

If so, then I would follow the same plan for the out +/- and pins 7&8.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back