CB Mods
Fight Leukemia

dvsDave

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Senior Team
CB Mods
Fight Leukemia
Alleged video of light and sound from explosion outside of Arena.

ruinexplorer

Sherpa
CB Mods
Premium Member
Fight Leukemia
Reports I have heard is that the explosion actually took place in the rail station just below. That also happens to share space with the area of the main gates. So sad for the loss of life and all those injured.

MNicolai

Premium Member
Fight Leukemia
I've seen a couple reports that it came from the arena's bar areas. Whether it was that or the rail station, an explosion outside of the bowl might explain why video hasn't surfaced yet from someone who was filming the concert.

Can't say I've ever been fearful of this myself but between this, the Bataclan attack, and some of the other recent high profile attacks it appears loaded performance, sports venues, and outdoor festivals are becoming likelier targets than they used to be.

kiwitechgirl

I have a connection with someone who works at the venue but wasn't there at the time. Crew apparently all accounted for and OK but probably stuck at the venue due to the lockdown.

kiwitechgirl

I've seen a couple reports that it came from the arena's bar areas. Whether it was that or the rail station, an explosion outside of the bowl might explain why video hasn't surfaced yet from someone who was filming the concert.

Can't say I've ever been fearful of this myself but between this, the Bataclan attack, and some of the other recent high profile attacks it appears loaded performance, sports venues, and outdoor festivals are becoming likelier targets than they used to be.
Just saw some footage on the news here. Pretty awful and that was from inside the arena.

My venue is a big target - Sydney Opera House - so we get regular briefings from the security team. I forgot to book my freight guy into the dock the other day; the security team all know him (he's in and out a lot) so they did let him in, but not before they searched his truck. But even so, my feeling is that it's when, not if, for us.

Users who are viewing this thread