Express Cue Help.

mike869

So long story short I'm the only tech guy at my school after our one county hs split in two. I was a sm and sound but out of necessity ventured into lights. I've done our first 5 shows with no problem. However someone got into the booth and managed to delete everything for the show I'm working on. I don't know what they did but now when I run lets say cue 1 then hit go to cue two. All of cue 1 stays up and cue two comes up in light purple. Its an Express 24/48. I've tried clearing everything off the board and read the manual but nothing seems to be working that I try. As I said I'm a total newb so if this has been addressed before could you just point me in the direction of the thread becasue tbh I had no clue what to even search for. I have a feeling this is some very easy thing i'm missing but we all started somewhere :) Thanks!

Have you made sure your using the A/B crossfaders only, not the C/D at the same time?

And, purple colors mean the level hasn't change from one cue to the next.

Have you been saving to a floppy drive? If not, I would suggest you do that, so that people can't come and change your show and leave you stranded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I made sure it was only A/B crossfaders. And I usually back it up but didn't have one with me. I hadn't done but 15 cues or so no biggie. Normally its not an issue becuase only myself and the director have the keys but she let in an electrician who was trying to get off a set of work lights that won't go off . Even though they are in no way connected to the booth, but they refuse to believe me, But they are not my problem ....

Have you gone through the settings screens? Looked to see if there were anything weird?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are all fifteen of your cues still on the board?

If so does this problem persist when going from cue two to three and so on?

As far as backing up goes I usually do two disks, one stays with the board and the other stays with me in my bag just in case.

Quick suggestions:
Both A/B Faders should be at the top (10)
(This one may be pointless) Default Fade Time hasn't been set to something absurd: Setup -> System Settings -> Default Fade Time

The only other thing I can think of, is someone banging through all the cues in blind and tracking everything...
See: http://www.etcconnect.com/docs/docs_downloads/manuals/Express_Two-scene_Preset_v3.1_User_Manual.pdf Chapter 8 for info on Tracking. (And see if this is what your problem looks like)
Tracking problems can always be cleaned out by editing the cues to place hard zero's in the channels you want rid of.

Shut off the console push down and hold 789 on the 10-key turn the console on and keep holding 789 until its booted.

This will deep clean the board and should reset it to factory defaults. You'll have to reprogram everything (including patch) back into the board, but it should fix this if its a setting issue.

Before doing this I'd back up any work you've done onto a disk in case it doesn't solve the problem.

If it's only 15 cues you best bet is to wipe the board and start from the begining in the Setup menu and work from there.

If the cues are still correct then you should only have to change your patches, but if someone messed with your patches who knows what else they may have done.

Channel values aren't very helpful if someone changed what was patched to them, if nothing changes when the channels change chances are the patches are messed up.

I would use the flash feature and cycle through your channels to see if they all respond properly, my guess is they won't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back