Express problem Fri 2/7/20...

ecpn

It's been years since I had to program an Express, so I must have forgotten something...but I have this small problem: In Patch, I have entered the dimmer and then the desired channel, but when the screen flips to the newly joined dimmer and channel, there is a different color number 10 under the patch setup. And I cannot get light out of that channel, but yet I get it when I do a Dimmer check. \

What did I forget to do? How do I change it to be 'normal'. And I can't do a new 1 to 1 patch because it's not my house and I don't want to reset anything that I shouldn't.

Thanks.

IIRC, Don't use <at>, unless you want to do a proportional patch. For normal patch, <dimmer#> <Enter> <channel#> <Enter>.

As someone who had to relearn this recently: you do recall correctly. Dimmer x <at> 10 <enter> sets a proportional level for that dimmer. To reset it, Dimmer # <at> <Full> is your friend (not <at> <enter> as it would be on an Eos family desk).

It's amazing how hard it is to reset muscle memory back to Express syntax after not using one for close to a decade. Used to be able to do nearly anything with my eyes closed, and now it feels like half my brain is missing when I sit down in front of one.

As someone who had to relearn this recently: you do recall correctly. Dimmer x <at> 10 <enter> sets a proportional level for that dimmer. To reset it, Dimmer # <at> <Full> is your friend (not <at> <enter> as it would be on an Eos family desk).

It's amazing how hard it is to reset muscle memory back to Express syntax after not using one for close to a decade. Used to be able to do nearly anything with my eyes closed, and now it feels like half my brain is missing when I sit down in front of one.
Thanks. I did this yesterday and it worked. Yes, I had just forgotten how to ride a tricycle in a racing bike world. When that pesky number disappeared from the screen, I said 'sumbeetch'. Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back