Express show merging?

Lightguy5

Currently doing Angels in America in rep on Express 250. Shows were recorded on separate disks. Now, the console is acting up with saving/reading the disks, and we're looking at merging the two Q lists (Pt1 would be Q1-299 and Pt2 is 300-500 kind of thing).
I'm not remembering any easy way to do this. Am I forgetting something? Suggestions?

Do you have Expression Offline? It's theoretically possible to export both parts to ACSII, use a text editor to append part2 to part1, then import the "merged" show back to a .shw file. Moving light data and/or extensive effects will be lost.

I'd try to give tech support a call. They might be able to come up with a solution for you and they're pretty good about still helping out with legacy gear when possible.

You can also try posting to the ETC Expression Family Programmers facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/etc.expression/ to see if anyone there can help out.

You can’t split disk it. You will have to use the OLE to merge them to one file.

Expression Off-Line won't merge 2 separate show files.

I would be opening each disk in the Expression editor, then save each as an ASCII cue file.

I would then be using Nomad software to import each ASCII file, save as an Eos file, then merge both files in Nomad using the Merge advanced function for cues. Then export the whole thing as another ASCII and import that back to Expression OLE and dump to a disk.

Thank you all for the ideas. I tried the 'Export to ASCII and editing' routine, but everything I tried, after editing, it took it out of ASCII (.asc), and took it to .txt. After a few attempts I ran out of time and it's fallen to back burner. At this point, Steve's very-roundabout method actually seems to be the most promising; and I'll put it at the top of my 'maybe list' of things to do in my copious free time.
Again, Thank you all for the assistance and ideas!

Send me the files. I’ll take a crack at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back