The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

extreme feedback

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, and Intercom' started by bahaha, May 15, 2005.

1. bahaha

bahaha Member

Let's just imagine for a moment, that a not to be named techie did something to cause massive feedback. "Holy [email protected]#$, what just happened" feedback. How long would it take for this feedback to break something, and what would the breakage sound like? Hypothetically speaking of course. :wink:

2. wolf825

wolf825 Senior Team Emeritus Premium Member

Feeback breaking something depends on the proximity, duration, frequency and power. Normal feedback I have seen happen so loudly but never blow a thing...and other times I have seen stupid clueless musicians too busy tryin to look like a rockstar knock a mic stand directly so it falls right into the monitor--and the feedback is intense but very short lived--about 1 second before the drivers blow. Then they scratch their head wondering what did they do wrong and why its their fault the band has no more stage monitors.... "How could I be responsible--I looked SOO COOOL MAAAAN....whadda ya mean the drivers cost $200 each and there are 6 of them...I don't make that much money in a YEAR maaan....".

here's your sign.... :)

-w

3. rapscaLLion

rapscaLLion Active Member

lol @wolf825

I've heard some pretty good feedback in my experiances. But, luckily nothing has broken beyond use, although I suspect the speakers in our auditorium are damaged...

4. koncept

koncept Active Member

thats good, i wish i could give several ppl a sign...

5. Eboy87

Eboy87 Well-Known Member

[quote="koncept]
    thats good, i wish i could give several ppl a sign...[/quote]

To quote from Shrek, "Join the club, we have jackets"